Thursday, June 5, 2008

In the slow time part #1

Like many other sellers, I am not selling well in this spring time! Last month, I only got 3 sales. This is the slowest time ever since I first opened my store! At the beginning, it was really frustrated for me and Jane. I kept thinking what should we do? It is time to give up? Or just wait and pray? No, neither we are going do. Well, “pray”, yes, but I won’t sit there and do nothing. I believe there are more valuable things we can all do to help ourselves on this critical time. First of all create a blog for the etsy store; this is what I am doing right now! During the selling season, I don’t have time to do it. Now, I have time! Second thing is to evaluate the store, to see what should I change or add. I never really go around and check carefully at my store before. I did today and found that some of my pictures are really ugly. So I decided to re-do all my pictures, take as much picture as I can, choose the best one to replace the old one!! Believe it or not, this is the best time to learn how to take better pictures. I also need a store policy, which I will write late tonight. Oh I want to have a new banner too!!! Better hurry up!!! I want to get these things done soon, and when buyers come back to my store, it will look new to them! ^^
Re-do picture #1 mermaid pendant! Still have 45 to go! Come on Gina!!!


3 comments:

Mary Richmond said...

Hang in there--the sales will come! I had a slow start on Etsy but seem to be picking up some speed the longer I am there....

LilacAve said...

Good luck on some more sales. It's rough out there right now. I try prepping for Christmas...the smoother and more prepared I am, hopefully the better the sales.

Made by Melissa said...

I hear ya! Its rough right now. My last set of sales was actually a trade, so got something cool, but no cash. Good luck with retaking your pictures. Picture taking is the hardest part of this job!